Sunday, December 8, 2019

Collage explorations


I went to a one-day collage course today at the Vancouver Island School of Art.  It was a super fun and kind of a revelation of different ways to move with my painting.  I now see there are lots of ways to add texture and subtlety to my painting. 







































The instructor Tony Bounsall did a great job of introducing many different approaches and techniques. All materials were provided and we used acrylic paints plus india ink plus gesso plus acrylic mediums plus tissue papers and deli papers to create the finished product. To start he had us choose a letter and create two simple designs.  I chose "A" and "e" and Im quite pleased with what emerged. These are on 11x14 inch hardboard.








































If it weren't for the fact that I just packed away my studio for our trip to Mexico I would be setting up to do an entire series of letters.  As it is though, I'll have to put it on hold until we return in early January.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful ! I really love them. Exciting ! Outstanding ! Fabulous !

    Be safe in Mexico. Douglas, Tucson , Phoenix and Nogales are being over run with violence. Several American families living in Mexico just south of us were gunned down Women, Babies and Children. My friends family in Magalina has seen a huge rise in gun battles in the street, in front of their children who go to school there. In Tucson the cartels are battling for 13 to 16 year old kids. Kids with guns. Our violence is on a huge upswing. It is not safe to go to Mexico and it is not safe living in Arizona on the Border anymore.
    I would move if I could but I love Arizona. It is my home. It is being taken from me.
    parsnip x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.