Monday, October 5, 2020

What Emerges--my solo show at the Gage Gallery

Members of the Gage Artist's Collective are scheduled in rotation for a three-week solo show. and finally this week my exhibit opened. It took longer than expected because of Covid. Originally my show was to be in May but it was postponed while the gallery was closed. We reopened in June and now it's my turn.

I decided to call the show What Emerges because the paintings aren't preplanned at all. I start with a feeling and a few colours and begin to paint, not knowing where the painting will end up. Here's what emerged over the past year from the time I was recovering from my knee replacement in September to now. 


   The outside view of the gallery.


Some of the walls showing the paintings hung.










And here are a few close-ups of the paintings. They vary in size from 6"x6" to 36"x36" and it was a challenge to hang them so they related to each other. For this show I scaled up my paintings from the smaller sized (12x12 to 24x24) to 24x36 and even 36x36 inches. That's the largest size painting I am able to produce on my easel and painting table in the bay window of our living room.



Summer Morning (36x36)




 



Emergence  (24x36)

This was the first painting I did after my knee surgery.






Together and Apart  (24x24) 






Incoming Tide (36x36)





Blue Rondo (36x18)





Upward Flow (24x30)  SOLD




I found painting these canvasses during the first months of Covid was a very calming and energizing experience. I'm so glad that I had this time to focus on my art and come up with a result that pleases me.


Here's a final look through the window. Paintings of all sizes and priced from $250 to $600. There are other paintings in the show as well. And it's up until October 18th at the Gage Gallery, 2031 Oak Bay Avenue. They're open Tuesday through Saturday 11-5 and Sundays 12-4 if you want to drop by.

1 comment:

  1. I FINALLY LOOKED AT YOUR BLOG... WHAT A FABULOUS SHOW. I LOOK AT YOUR PAINTING THAT IS HAVE AND THINK OF YOU EVERY DAY.
    CHEERS.
    sorry about the capitals

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.