Friday, April 12, 2013

Escape to Tucson

My friend Kath is renting a house in Tucson for a couple of weeks and invited me to join her for part of the time.  Needless to say, I jumped at the chance to escape the cool greys of Vancouver Island in April.

Tucson is one of my "home" places. It's a city that I've been to several times and I'm always entranced by its desert surroundings, the Anglo/Latino/Native culture and its artistic vitality.

So anyway--I fly south tomorrow and I'll do a few posts to show you difference between Vancouver Island's April and Tuson's April. Here are two photos taken on a previous trip to give an idea of what I'll be experiencing. Please note the colour of the sky!


2 comments:

  1. Yea Can't wait to see you and your friend.
    Right now we are having a small storm zoom in and out. Today it will only be 68 but the next few days more like normal... 80+ and sunshine. April is usually one of the best months (windy) but who knows with all the strange weather patterns we are having.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very vivid blues in the skies.

    I'll have to go to Tucson myself someday...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.