Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Japanese Snowbell


The Japanese Snowbell tree that we planted a few years ago almost died the summer before we moved in. Our tenants were engrossed with their new baby and forgot to water it for months. Last year it grew a bit but didn't flower. But this year it has burst into bloom.

On the left is Sue looking at the buds. There are literally hundreds of them, and they have a heavenly fragrance.  What a miraculous recovery!





Here's another little miracle--the goslings paddling around in the lake attended by their proud and protective parents.  Spring is so wonderful.  Hope you're enjoying it wherever you are.



4 comments:

  1. So happy you saved the tree ! It is beyond beautiful.
    I have never seen this tree before. So wish I could grow this but I live in the desert !
    With the overly hot weather Tucson has, and conserving water, I have a drip system.
    So when I can't get outside to water I know they will get water that day.

    Now the most important comment....
    Happy Birthday !
    Sorry, I am late and your card is sitting here on my desk.
    I know you had a wonderful day because you are the type of person who always does.
    But as always. . . . . . .
    Let there be cake !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Parsnip for the birthday wishes. I did indeed have a wonderful day. No cake but fabulous Italian food and panna cotta for desert. Good thing you have a drip system there. We have it in the new part of the garden too and it's a boon. I still have to water my side yard and the pots--but that's not too hard in this climate. Take care. And I'm looking forward to one of your BEAUTIFUL cards. Hint, hint. Joanna

      Delete
    2. I love Panna Cotta !
      Yum fun.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty, and those goslings are cute!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.