Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Carol's ginger cookies

I can't believe that it's been a month and a half since I posted here. But now it's almost Christmas here on Yukon Street and everyone is getting ready. The kids across the street have only one more week of school and decorated trees adorn all their apartments. As for me, I'm baking ginger cookies. It's my most favourite simple recipe because there's no rolling or cutting involved. 
A friend from Jamie's elementary school days gave me this recipe and it was hand written on a scrap of paper for many years before I finally typed it out and stuck it in my recipe file.  
The dough is done with the beater and then little pinches get rolled into balls and then rolled in white sugar and baked. If they're kept in a tin they'll even keep somewhat soft.





To me they signal the Christmas season and I like to bake lots of them to give away. I really have a hard time stopping with just one or two of these delicious morsels though. They're so good.

Here's the recipe if you'd care to try it. I make sure the spices are fresh for maximum flavour. Sometimes I add a tablespoon of orange juice to the dough, which adds a subtle Scandinavian touch.  Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Thank You for the Ginger Cookie recipe. I can not wait to try it.
    Do Not ask how I did it but I lost your address. it was in my over stuffed book !
    Great to see you pop up on my reader.

    cheers, parsnip and mandibles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you post good blog,Thanks for your sharing.

    เกย์ไทย

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.