Sunday, November 4, 2018

Blue paintings

This  summer I accepted and invitation to display my paintings in the main room of a local community centre.  It's not an art gallery by any means but there are some spaces on the walls where paintings can be hung. So it's kind of a one-person show.


In preparation for this I gathered together the larger paintings and was astounded to see that they were all predominantly blue. Oh no! How depressing to have a display of only blue paintings.



So for the past two or three weeks I've been doing a lot of painting, taking down a couple of bigger paintings from my walls and reworking them.




This triptych was the one I did the most work on. It evolved over a week through some larger abstract shapes into something completely different.  It became a Moroccan village.  And although there's some blue here it's a lot more vibrant than the one above.



The one above the bed also came down from the wall and ended up a little less blue, although it still has a kind of bluish cast. It's funny how pressure can push a person into a whole revision phase.


 

Of course I was also framing some smaller works, which will really form most of the display. On Friday afternoon we hung the show and it's going to be up for the months of November and December. I'll be organizing a little reception on the afternoon of December 1st to invite friends to view it. Meanwhile here are a couple photos of the space. It's not ideally lighted to show art work but I'm still pleased to be able hang some work.



If you want to stop by, it's at Fairfield Community Place, 1300 Fairfield Road.  It still looks quite blue to me.


4 comments:

  1. I like your paintings very much and I bought one !
    Really I do not mind the blue color maybe because it reminds me of of the blue sky where I live. It is a color you must like and enjoy. Keep using it.

    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eager to see them hanging! Good luck, xoj

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.