Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Booked our flights to Cuba

For decades I've wanted to visit Cuba and just today I made our flight reservations for January.
We'll be going on a nine-day cultural tour with a small group. The plan is to fly in and out of Mexico City and then return to CDMX in February for two weeks, after which we'll do a little bus touring around Mexico before returning home at the end of the month.

It's a good thing I thought to check the flights today because the Aeromexico flights that I had bookmarked back in September are all booked up on the days we needed. Yikes! I've booked with a company called Interjet. I think I've heard of it.

In any case we have the return flights to Cuba and Mexico so all is well.

My friend Jackie is actually in Havana right now. She went with her brother in the spring and liked it so much that she returned this month with her husband. Jackie is a terrific photographer and if you want to see some of her Cuba photos, just go here.  Can you see why we are so stoked?

Something about booking the plane reservations makes the trip become real.  Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Hopefully all goes smoothly on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck. I can only hope you are safe and have a good time.
    Cuba was nice at one time but your love of hispanic culture leads you on.
    I would not be in mexico right now, Tucson, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas is bad enough right now.

    Be safe.
    cheers, parsnip and badger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuba "was nice at one time"parsnip and is wonderful now!! Thanks for linking to my blog site, Joanna

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.