Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fathers day ramble


We headed out to the woods today with the dogs for a little get-away.  The ferns in this little patch of forest were astounding.

This is a park at Shawnigan Lake with old growth cedars and a shore where the dogs can swim.  They had a great time running around playing with sticks.  And we enjoyed a leisurely lunch in a little out-of-the way restaurant in a converted church nearby. 
On the way back we shopped for another tree for the front yard--a father's day gift that will just keep on giving.  I'm looking for a Cornus Florida Rubra, otherwise known as Pink Dogwood, to fill an empty spot in the front yard.  This little flower was plucked from a lovely specimen in front of Home Depot, however sadly they didn't have any for sale.  Now the search is on.  I do hope that we can find one somewhere to plant this year.  Isn't that the prettiest pink?


3 comments:

  1. OMG !
    The fern photo is just Beautiful.

    I am so glad your dog likes small sticks, so much easier to carry.
    That is a wonderful photo.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk through the woods. The greens are so vivid.

    I hope you find your dogwood. I saw some small white ones blooming the other day and on one branch were three pink blossoms. I was left with a mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that photo of your dog with a stick. It's cute.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.