Friday, September 2, 2011

Over the rainbow / It's a wonderful world


I've had a challenging time with my computer over the past couple of weeks.  So challenging that I don't even want to talk about it!  Suffice to say that I have lost all my photographs from 2009 and 2010.

However things are coming together again and I can still take new photos so all is not lost.

Today I am sharing a you tube video of the amazing Hawaiian singer Israel Kamakawakiwo'le singing two simple and beautiful songs that bring peace and joy.  I had heard this on the radio a few years ago but didn't know anything about the singer.  He sang with a Hawaiian traditional group but it was this song that catapulted him to fame.  The song was released as a single in 2006.  

May it bring you delight today.


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely not fair.. since The photos you share are always amazing I'm sure the rest of them were fantastic too.. the rock formations in the last post are so inviting I wish I could go exploring there.. reminds me of a piece of coastline nearby called Duck Pond Road.. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hands-down my favorite version! I first heard it a few years ago, too. He had an amazing voice and style.
    So sorry about your photos. That's a real shame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am indeed delighted !

    Sorry to hear about the computer problems.
    When my computer died, the screen actually turned red ....
    I thought I lost everything. Thank goodness Japanese Son found most of my files but we lost all the photos too, How weird is that ?

    Good to hear/see ? a post from you....

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your consoling comments about the loss of my photos.

    You too Parsnip? What's with that?

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.