Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jan's flowers


These flowers are in my sister Jan's front garden.  Aren't they stunning?

Here's a a delicate peony with a bud just about to open.




And these are photos from her big clump of Calla Lilies. I love the way the light shines through the creamy cups to illuminate the faint stripes beneath.





Plus of course there's the very cool way the flowers come to a curly little tip at the top.

I've tried to grow these flowers without success.  But then I'm not the gardener my sister is.  She can grow just about anything and the secret to her success is really taking care of the plants.  I do  enjoy visiting her garden; it's almost like a botanical park.





3 comments:

  1. Peonies and Calla Lilies bloom and go so quickly! Such beauty and only for a short while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peonies are my most favorite flowers, I am always amazed by their beauty. Which is saying a lot because I adore roses and have liked them every since my Mum had them in her garden and even though they are usually out of style.
    You have posted about your sister garden several times and I too have enjoyed your visits there.
    Beautiful post today.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.