Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Talented Calla

My niece Calla just finished grade 7 and next year goes to high school. She has been in French Immersion since she started school and is continuing with that next year.  I'm so proud of her. She excels at school, practices figure skating several times a week, and is a talented artist.   

Calla loves the Manga style of illustration and brings to it her own unique creativity.

Here's a recent self portrait showing her little kitten Ivy climbing on her head.












Calla loves animals and fashion and here she's combined the two to create a fashionista giraffe.



These two drawings were also on the fridge in the kitchen at Calla's house.  She has so many talents and I know she'll do well next year in high school. I guess you can tell that I'm a proud auntie.






3 comments:

  1. The kitty art particularly appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness what beautiful artwork and what a talented young lady errrr teen ?

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are filled with joy. They would be wonderful illustrations for a children's book!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.