Wednesday, February 14, 2018

A last look at Mexico


We're back home from our four-week trip to Mexico--and it is lovely to be back in our familiar space. Before I get buried in daily life I thought I'd post a few photos of our trip. These won't be beach or sunset photos because I posted a lot of those from Zihuatanejo. These ones are from our six-day excursion up into the mountains.  

A sweet historic cafe in Urapan, where we had cappuccino every morning.

Several images from Patzcuaro, where we were entranced by the buildings and decor, and even more by the Indigenous people who populate the town.


































Above is a view down the cobbled street to one of Patzcuaro's iconic churches featuring an incredibly ancient wall and gate that reminds me of something you might find in Italy. I love this wall so much that I've started to do a watercolour painting of the scene.


And here's  wall another from the old city of Morelia, which features so many stone buildings.

We enjoyed our time in Mexico, including the beach life in Zihuatanejo but the temperatures on the coast were a bit too hot for my liking. The only time I was comfortable was when we were on the beach or in the ocean. We chose Zihua because I wanted to swim in really warm water--and that was lovely, but the trade off in the humidity and heat at that latitude didn't make it worthwhile for me.







2 comments:

  1. Wonderful shots- that last one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church with the wall and gate is beautiful.
    Please post your watercolor.

    cheers, parsnip and mandibles

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.