This award requires the recipient to tell seven things about themselves and then nominate 10 to 15 other bloggers to receive the award. The second part is easy as there are so many stylish bloggers out there.
The first part took a little thinking on my part. But here is my list:
1. I love to paint. Since I was a little girl I loved to paint. Whether it’s painting walls or window frames or big abstract acrylic canvasses or my latest thing, water colours, I love to paint. Mostly my paintings now are from photographs I've taken of the great world outside (i.e. nature)
2. I have a weakness for ginger snaps. To me these are the absolute best cookies in the world—buttery and spicy and rich with molasses. I have several recipes and would be willing to share.
3. You could call me a jack-of-all-trades and master of none. Here are just some of the jobs I’ve done: elementary school teacher, radio copywriter, gardener’s assistant, administrator of typing tests, seller of flowers on street corners, freelance writer for government publications, carpenter’s helper, dog trainer, assistant to a psychic channeler, director of communications for a government department, teacher of English as a second language, bookseller. I could probably think of more but this gives an idea. What was my favorite job? I think maybe bookseller because I got to read the books when things were slow. Gardeners helper comes in second because I love gardening and it kept me in good shape.
4. My dream of traveling to Europe is about to come true. We are going to visit Italy for a month in June. A friend has rented a farmhouse in Umbria and invited us to visit her and we have accepted with great excitement.
5. I’ve worn glasses since I was in grade six and I hate them. For about a decade I wore contact lenses but gave it up when I was pregnant with my second child. Most of the time I walk around with my glasses on top of my head like a hair band.
6. For the past eight years I’ve been involved as a volunteer in a dog owners association. This has been an enriching experience and I’ve learned many things but I am now ready to move on. The biggest challenge to date is disentangling myself from all the things I've been involved in. I’m still working on how to let go.
7. I’m interested in just about everything. This causes problems for me as I try to absorb everything I encounter in my day including all the articles in the magazines and all the radio interviews I listen to. My memory isn’t as good as it used to be so it's frustrating at times. That’s why blogging is so great. I can write it down and post it and forget it. Also I can visit dozens of blogs and connect with new people and learn new things.
Now to nominate some stylish fellow bloggers. In no particular order they are:
That's fifteen. I could add more. There are so many wonderful spots to visit. Hooray for blogging!