Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summer flowers

I adore flowers.  I'm always taking photographs of them.  There are over 1,000 images of flowers on my computer.  Lately I've been going through them to try to delete some. In the process I've chosen a few summery ones to share with you on a sunny Sunday in July.

To the left is a little bouquet I picked from the volunteers along the sidewalks in Fernwood.  Behind it you can see our new/old brick wall.

The others are flowers I've photographed over a couple of summers, each from different gardens.




               From Kath's garden, stunning red poppies.




From my sister's garden, a lovely Peace Rose.



                                                            This cheery Zinnia is from Peter's garden up on Haliburton.



A huge mauve Clematis from one of the gardens on a tour we went on.


And soft coloured Day Lilies from Wendy's garden in Comox.


My garden here on Yukon Street is only trees and shrubs at the moment.  Except for this Balloon Flower in a pot.  I'll have to remedy that by next summer.





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
    When I saw the thumbnail on my reader I knew it was yours.
    You have such a great eye.
    I tried to delete some photos and...........
    hahahahahahaha

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard, I know, to delete any of them. But I have to as I have over 21,000 images on my computer. It's seriously slowing things down.
      Thanks for your kind words Parsnip. Hope it's not too hot in Tucson.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments.