Saturday, September 28, 2013

A walk around the neighbourhood

The best thing to do on your first day in a new city is to walk around the area. We waked out and headed north across St Germaine for a little breakfast of juice, croissant and cafe creme. Then we walked up to the Seine for a quick look before heading south to visit the Jardins de Luxembourg. This is a favourite spot of Parisiennes.

On a Saturday morning they were walking and jogging and most of all sitting and resting in the chairs scattered around.  Now we are off to the Latin quarter to find a French phrase book. Somehow I neglected to get one before we came and my French seems to have drained out of my head overnight.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone




2 comments:

  1. And of course the French as spoken there is different from the Canadian French...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite right, although i can't really speak either version!

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments.