Thursday, February 27, 2014

12 days on my own

I know that many of my friends and blog buddies live alone so this is no big deal.  But my dear Harry has been away now for twelve days visiting friends in Mexico and I'm very happy that he's coming home tomorrow.

For the first week I totally enjoyed having the house to myself.  It's nice to be freed from the couple routine. I watched whatever I wanted on TV and spent some rather indulgent evenings with chocolate chip cookies. I had plans to go on a juice fast while Harry was away but that never came to pass. One night I had a sandwich for dinner.  Bliss!  But you wouldn't want to do that all the time.

I also finished about four books, cut my finger badly, had dinner and drinks with a few different friends, enjoyed overnight visits from a girlfriend and her daughter, brushed the heavy snow off all my shrubs resulting in a pulled muscle in my chest, and walked lots with Geordie.

But mainly I've been continuing the sorting and culling in preparation for our move in mid-April to our smaller home.  Just about every day I've taken at least two boxes out of the house and either donated or consigned them.  There's a huge pile of stuff in the garage that's ready to be taken to the dump.  Progress is being made.

Tonight I used up two containers of chicken and broth in the freezer to make a nice curried chicken stew to welcome my sweetheart home.  It will be nice to be a couple again.


5 comments:

  1. Such a lovely post today. You both are so lucky to have each other.
    How is Geordie doing ?

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Parsnip, you are so right about that. Geordie is doing fine and I think enjoying some extra attention now that he's the "only" dog.

      Delete
  2. shedding- all these layers we have collected over the decades of our lives...brava, joanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it's quite a job--as you know too, Jackie

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.