Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grey and grey and grey

It's not that I don't like grey; I do. It's a wonderful colour made from all the colours mixed together not just black and white. So many lovely tones. I once painted my bedroom a soft dove grey with hints of silver and it was beautiful. BUT--the unremitting grey of the sky for the past few days is so dreary. The cold has gone and we're back to cloudy skies and drizzle, and it's keeping me from me from doing what I want to do. All my paperwork is up to date and I've finished painting the bathroom ceiling and I'm ready to get outside. But it's just grey and chilly and unispiring.

We're waiting to hear back from Saanich about the permit to change the driveway. We're waiting for the paint to dry in the bathroom. We're waiting for spring to arrive. I guess while we're waiting we might as well take the dogs out for a walk.

Oh my, I just have to add something to this whiney post. What can I be thinking of whining about grey skies when a beautiful talented young woman, Natasha Richardson, was killed in a little fall on a bunny hill. And there are so many people who would love to be able to just get up and walk out the door to take a walk with their dogs in a peaceful country. OK, I get it. I'll enjoy my moments today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments.