Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Back into the cold and the gray

This morning we drove up through snowy mountains of the Smith River National Recreation area to rejoin I-5, the interstate highway that takes us back to Canada. We've left behind the blue, blue skies of New Mexico and Arizona, and Southern California. And we are back into cloudy northwest coastal weather. It looks so familiar; as if we've never been away. But when I look at my photos, I'm reminded of the many incredibly different landscapes we've passed through on our trip. Just take a look.



















5 comments:

  1. You've had a very picturesque trip. Someday your clouds will blow away and reveal the blue sky that's always there but sometimes hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that reminder, Rudee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna, you are an amazing photographer... everyone of these shots are a postcard... Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photo reminders of the progression north. But today the sun is shining! A little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a trip. These photographs are very stunning. I bet they would make a nice calendsr.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.