Right now our life is absorbed with details, so many details that I can't even begin to list them. Here are just a few categories to give you an idea of what it takes to disengage from one life and prepare for another:
- arrangements for getting money and paying our rent in Mexico
- arrangements for paying bills while we're away
- clearing all our personal effects out of our house for the people who are subletting
- food, medication, shots, certificates for the dogs
- sorting out income tax payments
- arrangements for depositing cheques and handling mail
- arrangements for yard work and emergencies while we're away
- medical and prescription needs
- cleaning up the yard and the garden
- delegating the work I've been involved in with Citizen Canine and the Spirit Guides blog....
So you can see why I'm not doing very much blogging right now. I'm hoping this will change once we're on the road. We leave on the 14th of November and have 16 days to get to Mazatlan. That's plenty of time to take some detours and see some sights.
I know, I know.... here I am whining about all the details when I'm going to be spending the winter in the sun. Give your head a shake Joanna. Everyone who reads this would like to slap you!
Here's a photo from Mazatlan that reminds me of our trip last year. We made a little shrine in the courtyard of the apartment we rented. This year we'll be in a different place but this makes me remember the sunlight and other special qualities of Mexico's western coast. Comparing that to today's weather that ranged from cloudy to squalls to downpours, I guess it will be worth it after all.