Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Brown or Silver



Up early and checking some blogs I follow, I found a couple of posts about the beauty and ease of gray hair. Rudee did it a year ago and looks beautiful. I've always loved the look of beautiful silver hair on gorgeous young women. Only thing is that I'm not a gorgeous young woman. I started coloring my hair at age 42 when a chance comment from a stranger implying I was my son's grandmother shocked me into it. It's now 20 years later but I still don't want to look like a grandmother. But I do get tired of the maintenance work to keep my hair the way I want it. I'm still thinking about it.

Today is Canada Day so after a couple hours of mulching the new garden we're heading up to a friend's place at Shawnigan Lake for a barbeque and a swim.

3 comments:

  1. i have been thinking of stopping the coloring process for some time as well. i started going gray on top when i was 24 and then started coloring at age 40. since i keep my hair very short i have to color every 6 weeks or so. it is quite expensive. i think the thing that keeps me from going gray is not knowing how bad it will look. hee hee

    thanks for your sweet words on my blog. happy canadi day! my hubbie is canadian and i'm going to do something special for him for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joanna. The check is in the mail...

    Happy Canada Day! I don't know what we'd do without our friends to the north.

    There are a few key points to doing gray hair well and the first is to make sure you have a stylish cut. The second key is to stop caring. I don't care what others think. The third is to get a good toner for silver/blond hair and mix it in with your shampoo once or twice a week. This keeps your hair from turning a dingy yellow from the minerals in the water. It works.

    Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thanks Rudee for the encouragement. I think you're so right about the three things to pay attention to regarding silver hair care.
    And Julie, I hope you and your husband enjoyed a nice Canada Day dinner.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.