Monday, January 25, 2010

Hibiscus



One of the joys of living here for me is the Hibiscus.  We bought a couple pots for our back patio and finally I've managed to get some closeups that show what I love most about it.

There's the colour of course,  sometimes several shades on one plant....


and then there's the delicate veining on the leaf-like petals, and to top it all off there are tiny details inside some of the flowers (like this one below and the one at the top).


They are so beautiful.

I'm linking this post to Lisa's Macro Monday meme, where you can see other close ups of this beautiful world.



13 comments:

  1. So beautiful photos and lovely colour.
    Susanne in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. joanna - these are so gorgeous! i wonder what clothes would be like that felt and looked like this?! strange thought i know but i see those petals and wonder at their beauty. steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hibiscus are gorgeous, aren't they? You did a great job on that top one, particularly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steven, I know just what you mean. I think these would be great clothes for Oberon or Puck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely. I think the first and last shots are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they are pretty. So are your photos. I think you captured the beauty of these gorgeous plants quite well.

    It's freezing here, but then you already knew that, didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful flower ! and it also makes a delicious tea ! In Egypt they call it Karkade tea and in Northern Africa Bisap. In Italy I even could buy it in tea bags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful place to spend the Winter. Your photos are doing it justice too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fresh hibiscus juice is always a pleasure of traveling in Mesoamerica. I buy it in the States, but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey thanks everyone. I just realized that I called this flower Hibiscus when it's really Bouganvilla! And I know the difference too. I guess I just like the name Hibiscus better! In any case it's a lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are very beautiful! I love the first shot especially!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.