Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beautiful, joyful peony


This is the photograph we selected last night as the subject for my water colour painting class: the beautiful tree peony.

It's gorgeous and it's simple...although when I started to draw it I found it actually quite complex.  Marney says that it will be good learning to work with a limited palette.  I'm so looking forward to discovering and trying her her techniques. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

This tree peony is such a joyful dish of blissful beauty.  I'm adding it to Meri's "share the joy" meme. See other joyful posts here.

6 comments:

  1. The peony flower captures the essence of beauty within simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely flower and photo. I can't wait to see what will happen.

    I entered art a day for a month last year (fun and very hard at the same time) and thought I would draw an open pink rose one day. Not a color I use, and the layers of the petals were complex. I used pencil so much easier than watercolor.

    I am very excited to see your progress.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  3. A adore peonies -- even with all the darn ants that climb all over them. So your post makes me more than a little JOYful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The softness of the petals and the colors will be wonderful in watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see how you meet this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.