Monday, January 10, 2011

Which flowers?

Tomorrow I head off to my first painting class with Marney Ward, who does incredibly beautiful  water color paintings of flowers.  I'm trying to decide which of several flower photographs to work from.  It's been a process of winnowing down from hundreds taken over the past year or so.

Here are some of the final contenders.  I'm most drawn to the tree peony image second from the bottom and also the roses just above it, but I'll let Marney help me choose which one will be best to start with.  I want to choose one that will give me most likelihood of creating a successful result.  Which do you think would be a source for the best composition?








Since most of these have red in them I'm linking this posting over at the Ruby Tuesday blog.

6 comments:

  1. They all look gorgeous to me, but I do love the peony. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. second from the top . . . definitely no doubt beautiful stunning worthy of your time!!! steven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with steven...the second photo is dramatic. Maybe that's not one of the criteria, though. They're all great and I can see why it's so hard to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could not even begin to chose just one....I love them all and look forward to a glimpse of the one you will paint. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the tree peony very much.
    It will be interesting to see which one the teacher helps you chose and why.
    I can't wait to hear about your class, I will be living vicariously through your posts.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the peony, but of course I'm partial to the roses and sweet peas from my garden. Whatever you choose, it will be magnificent, as always.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.