Tuesday, June 2, 2009

There's a bobcat in my driveway



I came home yesterday to find this sitting in my driveway--ready to start excavating for the new front garden. After all the delays, things are now moving ahead very quickly. We thought it would be next week but it turns out it's going to begin today. Last night Harry and I quickly dug out some shrubs and plants that we'll want to save and use in the new garden.



Then this morning we measured and drew out the placement of the planting beds and the areas of grass and pebbles. Already it's looking like a work in progress. I'm sure it will look a lot worse before it starts to come together. So exciting to see this starting to take shape.

2 comments:

  1. I saw the title and thought you meant the animal form of a bobcat. THis is certainly better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Once things get rolling, there's no time to waste is there? Must be exciting to see it transform hour by hour.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.