Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fenceposts, flowers and ferns

For ABC Wednesday, I'm posting a few photos for the letter F. It's not quite Wednesday here but it won't be long. Already it's Wednesday in London, Paris and New York. So here goes.

F is for Fenceposts (especially old ones) ....



I love old fenceposts. This one is from an old house in Fairfield, a neighbourhood in Victoria where I used to live.



And this one is from a ghost town called Bamberton that I visited last weekend with my friend who lived there as a child.

F is for flowers too. These were behind the first fence.



And these were a bouquet at Heather's house.



And F is for ferns. These are in the woods behind the school where we take the dogs for a walk and a play in the evening.



Click on the image in the sidebar for more ABC Wednesday posts.
Happy Wednesday to all and to all a good night.

12 comments:

  1. Nice selection of letter F things. Really love the old fencepost. Lots of character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful group of F things! Marvelous photos! Love them all, they have a lot of character -- just realized I'm almost repeating photowannabe! Well, it's true nonetheless!

    Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joanna

    and it's Wednesday evening here in Australia too...

    I love to think about how many people have passed through those fence posts, the people who lived there, the workers who built them...

    Happy days

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi joanna, i love this pictures. my favourite would have to be the first. paint peeling off an old wooden fence post. it's funny because i can't see it without feeling that familiar contest in my head: would i leave it as is, or would i sand it down and repaint it? both ways you gain something. both ways you lose something......hmmmmmm. have a peaceful day! steven

    ReplyDelete
  5. F is also for fancied, as in I fancied this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic fs!
    The Fence posts are lovely.
    Have fun!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. The old and the new. I love the patina on the old fence post. How many hands have smoothed that finial?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments everyone. This was an unabashedly romantic series of photos. Someday I'll tell you more about Bamberton; it has an interesting history.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you about that first fencepost - so much character. The flowers are so beautiful, and I love the patterns made by the ferns.

    On behalf of the ABC Team, thanks for joining this week's FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Sedum and ferns! I'm still waiting for my dahlias to bloom. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.