Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Late night and rhododendrons


It's 4:30 in the morning and here I am posting to my blog. What is this all about--this waking up at 2:00 am and not being able to go back to sleep? I'm not worried about anything in particular, except for a few little details, which are always in the background. Some nights I sleep beautifully and others, for no apparent reason, I spend two or three hours waiting to get back to sleep. Usually on those nights I fall into a fatigued drowse some time around 5:30 or 6:00. So tonight I've gotten right out of bed and taken my laptop into the spare room. Here I am answering emails, reading blogs and listening to the birds wake up. Soon I'll head back to bed and try to go to sleep.




But before I do I want to include some photos of rhododendrons. Jan and I went out to the special Rhodo nursery this afternoon and I selected four huge rhododendrons for the front yard. We're going to create a woodland garden under the cedar trees and these will be the feature. Unfortunately I forgot my camera (!!!) but I've found some images on line that will give a sense of what I've ordered (apricot, cream, pink and white, and two-toned peach). I'm so excited. The garden project is underway. Well, duh! Maybe that's what's keeping me awake.

2 comments:

  1. So, huge? Does that mean they're already grown? I think we'll have to make another trip next spring to see them blooming. New garden projects - yess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Steph, actually yes. These are specimen plants--in the $200 to $300 range. The largest one is at least as tall as my shoulder. They should make quite an impact once we get them planted.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.