Monday, April 2, 2012

B - Blossoms

Blooming trees against gray skies -- that's what spring in Victoria looks like for days at a time.  But the real beauty is when the blossoms show their brilliance against a bright blue sky.



Victoria is known for having the earliest blooms in Canada.  But not this year.  There's a heat wave in the east and we're getting the cold, blossom-retarding  winds.  But still there are those pretty pink trees everywhere reminding me that spring is here.

I'm doing the A to Z challenge this month.  There are more than 1700 bloggers taking part.  Click on the badge at the top right to go to a list linking to their daily posts relating to the alphabet.  It's amazing the variety of blogs you can see there.


7 comments:

  1. I love those blossoms - beautiful pictures. Good luck with the A to Z challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I did blossoms too. I'm just concentrating on the spring that we do have. I see that you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blooming of trees in the spring! And I agree that the variety of the blogs with A to Z is quite impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...love your blossoms. It's a great time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty pink flowers. Photographs are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous blossom shots! We're just into getting blossoms here too! I love the stamens on that first shot and the blurring effect on the second one.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.