Wednesday, April 18, 2012

P - Pink petals

The colour of the month here in Victoria is pink.  Everywhere I look there are pink petals--on the lovely Magnolias, the Camelias and the early Rhodos.























Some streets in the older parts of Victoria are lined with flowering cherry and plum trees.  And what a sight they are in April!



Here's a view down South Turner, a street of hundred-year-old houses near Beacon Hill Park.  The trees are starting to drop their petals now as the leaves take over.  And the result is drifts of pink in the grass and on the sides of the road and sidewalks.  It looks like pink snow.

6 comments:

  1. I am so envious....
    I would love to see the cherry blossoms and how lucky if they where somewhere that you could sit looking up and enjoy them.
    When I lived in Laguna Beach, the Jacaranda trees would bloom beautiful lavender, and purple blooms. The streets would be covered with purple snow.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, oh, oh... these are tremendous photos. Beautiful. And like AngryParsnip up there, I'm so jealous! I live in Ontario and our flowers aren't anywhere near this ready to bloom. (Did I mention pink is my favourite colour???)

    By the way, your blog title caught my attention immediately because our family cottage was in the Haliburton Highlands, in Ontario cottage country. I had no idea there was a Haliburton Hill in B.C.! We're almost related!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy,
      That's interesting. We live on Haliburton Road and our house is at the top of the hill. Hence the blog name. Thanks for your comment and I'm glad you like the photos.
      Joanna

      Delete
  3. Incredible pictures. Stopping by from the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, springtime here is also pink. In fact, I think it's a little girl's dream combo of pink with purples. But mostly pink.

    I love the magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how beautiful! love that pink hue.

    hope you have sweet day.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.