Monday, April 2, 2012

C - Cup

Today I'm thinking about cups.  They're such useful things -- and beautiful too.  I have quite a collection of them, many of them made by local potters. Some are plain and some are fancy.


Every day I select the right one to match my mood and the beverage of the hour.  One cup for a my morning tea, another for the ritual latte, and perhaps a different one for tea after dinner.  Some factors in the decision are shape and colour, how much it will hold, ease of lifting, smoothness of rim.

Here's this morning's cup:  simple with a nice thin rim.   

I even like the word "cup" with its simplicity of sound.  Do you have a favorite cup in your life?   

5 comments:

  1. I have a wine glass etched with a Salvador Dali painting. I don't use it, but I treasure it! Interesting post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple yet engaging post!
    My favourite cup is the one with the musical notes on them... and beware if anyone uses it and I feel for some coffee... LOL!
    Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all my cups. They have meaning from the ones I bought the for the apartment in Japan to the fun one daughter bought me from our favorite car stop in Arizona.
    The one I really used all the time is one from a grocery store in Laguna. It was tied with a bow and had a very sweet stuffed snail in the not too heavy cup. The handle is perfect for my arthritic hands and I can fill it up but not worry about spilling any coffee as I walk to my studio.

    What a great post today. Looking forward to the rest of your ABC's

    cheers. parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd pick that second one - so interesting! Like you, I like to go with my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know how I missed this post. You're right, we were in synch , weren't we? I agree that cups have their particular functions. I like my big cow (and matching rooster) mugs for my morning tea.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments.